Results for America is releasing a new report – The Power of Evidence to Drive America’s Progress: A Decade of Results and Potential for the Future – highlighting how bipartisan evidence-building efforts over the last 10 years have positioned the federal government to deliver better results.
Written by Dr. Christina Ciocca Eller of Harvard University, the report details the great strides that have been made, across Democratic and Republican Administrations, to move more dollars toward evidence-based solutions and to help federal agencies build the teams and tools to evaluate what works. The report includes:
- Highlights of progress over the last decade, including the 30-fold increase in federal grant dollars being directed to what works since 2013;
- Nearly a dozen examples of evidence-based policies and programs – from the expansion of the Child Tax Credit to home health visiting programs – that are improving lives;
- An original, in-depth analysis of the U.S. Department of Education’s Promise Neighborhoods initiative;
- “Evidence Highlights” spotlighting the work of federal agencies;
- Insights from original interviews with 40 federal government evidence and data leaders and a new survey of federal Evaluation Officers; and
- Six recommendations to help the White House, Congress and federal agencies accelerate progress over the next 10 years.