Results for America’s Solutions team supports government leaders from the earliest stages of research through implementation. The Solutions team does this through the Economic Mobility Catalog, Solutions Sprints and replication management efforts, and programs that support government leaders in advancing equity in government.
Economic Mobility Catalog
The Economic Mobility Catalog helps local government leaders identify and implement evidence-based solutions to improve upward economic mobility in their communities. The Catalog includes hundreds of easy-to-understand overviews of proven practices, programs and policies, along with a growing library of implementation-focused case studies on how specific jurisdictions put evidence-based strategies into action.
Solutions Sprints and Replication Management
Results for America is accelerating the adoption of evidence-based programs, policies and practices that have demonstrated success in helping local governments solve difficult challenges. This is done through:
- Solutions Sprints: The development and management of 6- to 12-week virtual learning opportunities that provide government leaders and community partners with time efficient, intensive and content-specific workshops to learn from subject matter experts and peers to accelerate the implementation of solutions, such as alternatives to emergency response and guaranteed income.
- Replication Management: The development and execution of multi-year, multi-jurisdiction scaling plans for promising programs and practices in collaboration with governments and community organizations.
Advancing Equity in Government
Results for America is working to provide the data, evidence and solutions that local and state government decision makers need to create a more equitable government for residents by identifying government-led efforts across the nation to address structural barriers to opportunity and preparing public sector leaders to 1) dismantle these structural barriers and 2) change the government practices, policies, programs and systems that create disparities in outcome. RFA is also building momentum for this work across all levels of government.
In 2022, RFA joined Healing Through Policy: Creating Pathways to Racial Justice. Healing Through Policy is an initiative of the American Public Health Association, the de Beaumont Foundation, and the National Collaborative for Health Equity, in collaboration with Results for America. For more information, visit www.HealingThroughPolicy.org.
Solutions at Results for America’s 10th Anniversary
Results for America’s Solutions work was featured as part of the organization’s 10th anniversary celebration in April 2022.
Results for America also welcomed speakers to give four inspiring Solution Talks that represented the policy change implemented in their respective communities in partnership with RFA’s Solutions team. Listen to their remarks:
- Ruth Ann Moss, Birmingham Talks
- Amber Paxton, City of Lansing (MI)
- Priya Sarathy Jones, Fines and Fees Justice Center
- Vicky Selkowe, City of Racine (WI)