On Thursday, June 21 2018, federal, state, local, and private sector leaders gathered on Capitol Hill to discuss the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018 which created a new $100 million Pay for Success fund at the U.S. Department of Treasury. RFA and America Forward convened Pay for Success leaders and advocates to discuss what it will take to make this largest-ever federal Pay for Success effort effective. The briefing was followed by a reception celebrating the landmark achievement.
Featured speakers included:
- U.S. Senator Orrin Hatch (R-UT), Chairman, U.S. Senate Finance Committee;
- U.S. Senator Todd Young (R-IN), sponsor, the Social Impact Partnerships to Pay for Results Act (SIPPRA);
- James Lee Sorenson, Founder, Sorenson Impact Center, David Eccles School of Business, University of Utah;
- Molly Baldwin, President, Roca;
- Justin Milner, Senior Fellow and Director of Pay for Success Initiative and Evidence-Based Policymaking Collaborative, Urban Institute;
- Andrea Phillips, Founder and Managing Partner, Maycomb Capital;
- Christian Soura, Vice President of Policy & Finance, South Carolina Hospital Association, and former Director, South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services;
- Jeffrey Schlagenhauf, Associate Director for Economic Policy, White House Office of Management and Budget; and
- David Wilkinson, Commissioner, Connecticut Office of Early Childhood.
The event was made possible by the following partners: