15 Nonprofit CEOs from Across the Country Selected for a Two-Year Fellowship to Make Progress on Pressing Challenges by Embracing What Works
WASHINGTON – Today, Results for America (RFA) announced the 15 dynamic nonprofit chief executives selected for the inaugural class of its Nonprofit Fellowship. Managed by Results for America, the two-year Nonprofit Fellowship seeks to harness the collective experiences, insights and recommendations of well-respected nonprofit chief executives committed to advancing evidence-based solutions to better inform public policy and improve the impact of public investments. The Nonprofit Fellowship will create a community of nonprofit peers committed to driving large-scale systemic reform.
The Fellows lead organizations committed to using data and evidence to invest in what works in education, youth development, workforce development and criminal and social justice, among other important areas.
“Every day, these dynamic chief executives, and the organizations they lead, are harnessing evidence to improve lives, open opportunity and tackle our most pressing challenges,” said Michele Jolin, Co-founder and CEO of Results for America. “Through this Fellowship, we will help bridge the gap between the important evidence-based work being done by these nonprofits in communities across the country and the policymakers who represent those communities. We are honored to have these leaders join our Nonprofit Fellowship, and I thank them for helping us make investing in what works the new normal.”
Results for America will work with the Nonprofit Fellows to develop and strengthen their organizations’ capacity to shape public policy at all levels of government. Together, RFA and the Fellows will develop and promote policy recommendations at all levels of government that can shift taxpayer dollars toward evidence-based, results-driven solutions. Results for America will provide opportunities to highlight examples of effective evidence-based solutions, and through six two-day convenings, RFA will also facilitate the sharing of best practices for building evidence and scaling evidence-based interventions.
The 15 Nonprofit Fellows are:
- Plinio Ayala, President and Chief Executive Officer, Per Scholas
- Molly Baldwin, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, ROCA
- Robert Balfanz, PhD, Chief Executive Officer, Diplomas Now
- Pamela Cantor, M.D., President and Chief Executive Officer, Turnaround for Children
- Sam Cobbs, Chief Executive Officer, First Place for Youth
- Dale Erquiaga, Chief Executive Officer, Communities in Schools
- Ed Foster-Simeon, President and Chief Executive Officer, U.S. Soccer Foundation
- Lauren Gilbert, President and Chief Strategy Officer, BELL
- Virgil Jones, Jr., Chief Executive Officer, Bottom Line
- Pat Lawler, Chief Executive Officer, Youth Villages
- Mary Marx, President and Chief Executive Officer, PACE Center for Girls, Inc.
- Richard Noriega, President and Chief Executive Officer, AVANCE
- Sam Schaeffer, Chief Executive Officer, Center for Employment Opportunities
- Eshauna Smith, Chief Executive Officer, Urban Alliance
- Elisabeth Stock, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, PowerMyLearning
Learn more about the Nonprofit Fellows here.
About Results for America
Results for America is helping decision-makers at all levels of government harness the power of evidence and data to make progress on the world’s greatest challenges. Our mission is to make investing in what works the “new normal,” so that when policymakers make decisions, they start by seeking the best evidence and data available, then use what they find to get better results.
Results for America is accelerating the use of evidence and data to get better results by: creating standards of excellence that highlight the government infrastructure necessary to invest in what works; supporting policymakers committed to investing in what works through tools, resources and technical assistance; and mobilizing champions committed to investing in what works. For more information about Results for America, click here.